So you love Macaroni, and wouldn’t mind a new method of cooking it? Than try the Nigerian Jollof recipe! It’s easy and fast, it only takes about 10 minutes and it is absolutely yummy.
1 pack macaroni
1 cup soya oil
1 medium sized onion
Boiling chicken stock or water
1 tablespoon ground fresh pepper
2 tomato fruits
2 red bell peppers
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 chicken seasoning cubes
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pot, add the vegetables (Chopped red bell peppers, pepper, tomatoes, seasoning cubes, onion, black pepper, thyme, oregano). Stir and let them cook a bit till onion turns translucent.
2. Add the mayonnaise and stir, add the ketchup, stir and check for salt.
3. Add the macaroni and pour in boiling stock or water to the level of the macaroni. Stir and cover to cook for 10 minutes.
4. Check for doneness, salt, general taste.
5. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with some protein.