With doctors, finances and everything else to think about, things can get pretty overwhelming planning for baby. Use this handy guide to keep track of your progress… and to keep your sanity!
Weeks 1-8 *
- Take pregnancy test
- Tell your partner the good news
- Find an OB/GYN
- Schedule prenatal checkup
- Research insurance — how does it deal with pregnancy and children?
- Make sure partner has short and long term disability
- Figure out how pregnancy, baby and maternity leave will affect finances
- Create a savings plan for your child’s future expenses
- Make a budget to start saving now
First prenatal checkup (right around week 8)
- Start buying maternity clothes
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Nuchal translucency screening (week 10-12)
- Chromosomal disorder screening (week 10-14)
- Doctor visit
* We start counting pregnancy from the last menstrual period.